Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I faced the fear, and painted anyway

Well, I did it. I cleaned out my studio, which took days. I organized and tossed out anything that did not pertain to me creating something. I reclaimed my space. And yesterday, despite fear, I put paint to canvas! It has been two years since I painted a thing. I was apprehensive but I did it anyway.

I also bought a chair for my studio. Not a task chair but a comfy club upholstered chair. One I have always wanted. Why, a chair you ask? Isn't a studio a place to work?
Yes, but it is MY SPACE and the only place in my house that is ONLY mine. I love to read about artists and sketch and such, and I have always wanted a cozy chair to do that in. So I decided to get gorgeous upholstered rocker. I ordered it online and it will be here next week. In fact, it was the first little painting sketch I attempted yesterday. I feel like "I painted it into being".


Hooray for me!

No comments: