Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Painting = Happiness




Well, Day two of my artistic recovery. Worried that I forgot how to paint, blah blah...
So, to lessen the "perfectionistic" tendency I have...I decided to paint SMALL. I usually paint pretty large canvases. But no, I chose TINY 6 inch by 6" and 5 x 7 canvas boards to practice and play. What fun! I had no time limits today. Just draw my drawing..and paint it.. So I dabbled in and out all day and I am in a giddy mood over it! I painted a tiny portrait of my pug, Annie. She is an aging Princess with lots of attitude. It is posted here on the left.

Going to stay up late and start another one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

painting or sculpting are impossible if I don't have nothing to tell.it is a must and I feel sick as long as a work has not gone from my head into reality.creation is the deepest way of expression of an artiste, I mean.

Miriam Cutelis said...

Just love getting lost in paint....love this one....I find it hard going from large to small......love this doggie...

Mir